The Moveworks bot is installed as a bot application in Enterprise Chat Platforms such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, Facebook Workplace, or Google Hangouts Chat. While the details of the installation vary from platform to platform, there are some common rules to follow that will help keep your bot and its various skills available and running without service interruption or service degradation. This document provides an overview of specific changes that require notifying the Moveworks team in advance to ensure that the changes will not affect the availability or performance of the bot. During the Moveworks deployment, your Customer Success team has configured the Moveworks Platform based on the current configurations of the systems that Moveworks is integrating with. Therefore, if there are any planned changes to these systems, it is critical that you provide your Moveworks Customer Success team at least three business days before executing the change(s) so that the team can verify that the change will not have any impact on the bot.
In most installations, the bot relies on connections to following IT systems.
Messaging Platform (Slack, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, or Google Hangouts Chat)
ITSM Ticketing System (Salesforce Service Cloud, ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, FreshDesk)
Identity and Access Management Systems (Active Directory, Okta, Ping, Duo)
Knowledge Base Platform (ServiceNow Knowledge Management, Microsoft SharePoint, Guru Knowledge, Confluence, or your FAQ repository saved on a cloud drive or local drive)
In the following sections, we outline types of changes and examples that could affect the availability or performance of the bot.
Changes in this category are applicable to any system that Moveworks integrates with. Admins of systems that are integrated with Moveworks should be aware that the following changes may affect the bot, and provide the Moveworks team sufficient notice before performing these change
- Server address changes including domain name changes or server address changes
- Firewall rules or ACLs changes on the corporate network
- Network routing changes
- CASB changes
- Moving any system to the cloud or into an on-prem data center.
- System Version / server upgrades
- e.g: Significant Version Upgrades, On-Prem -> Cloud Migrations
- Cert Changes - Adding a new CA. or renewing certs due to renewal or any other purposes.
- Renaming service account and/or changing service account credentials
- Modifying the default timezone of any service account (needs to always be GMT)
- Turning on MFA for service accounts
- Expiration of service account credentials.
- Clawback of Account Licenses and/or Access Permissions
- The bot typically relies on a licensed service account on your ITSM platform. Make sure that automatic clawback of licenses does not entirely remove the bot’s access to your system, or other modifications change access to specific fields or tables.
- Your Moveworks Customer Success team also typically has a contractor/vendor account in your systems, please ensure this account stays active and does not lose relevant licenses (e.g ITIL License).
Changes in this category are applicable to Identity & Access Management systems, which includes integrations with Okta, Active Directory/LDAP, OneLogin, etc.. Admins of Identity & Access Management systems should be aware that the following changes may affect the bot, and provide the Moveworks team sufficient notice before performing these changes:
- Changes to Password Expiration or Account Unlock Policies
- Active Directory OU Structure Changes
- Software Group ID or Group Name Changes
- Email Domain / Tenant Migrations
- e.g: Migration from company.com to company-corp.com
- On-Prem to Cloud Migrations
Changes in this category are applicable to ITSM systems which includes systems like Zendesk, Fresh Service, Cherwell, ServiceNow, Jira Service Desk, etc. Admins of ITSM systems should be aware that the following changes may affect the bot, and provide the Moveworks team sufficient notice before performing these changes:
- Changes to mandatory fields on creation, comment, closure
- Addition of business rules/other policies that restrict actions.
- e.g: Only users in a certain assignment group can close a ticket.
- Changes in workflow transitions
- Changes to Service Portal URL for key Service Portal views
- e.g: Catalog Item URL, Ticket View URL, Approvals URL
- Large scale additions or removals of values the bot is triaging, such as Category, Subcategory, Assignment Group or other fields.
- By default the bot will be retrained and pick up new fields on a monthly cadence, but if you are making any changes to important assignment groups, or large scale changes, we recommend giving your Moveworks Customer Success Team a weeks notice.
- Migration to using custom fields for business logic.
- Service Catalog Redesign or Reorganization
- Changes to Service Accounts as outlined above
Changes in this category are applicable to Knowledge Base Platforms & Intranets, which includes systems like Confluence, ServiceNow, Jive, Igloo, Guru, Simpplr, etc. Admins of these platforms should be aware that the following changes may affect the bot, and provide the Moveworks team sufficient notice before performing these changes:
- Changes in Site organization
- Changes in Page Hierarchy
- Changes in Site Name
- Changes in Knowledge Base Article/Site URL link format
- Changes in Site, Knowledge Base, or Knowledge Article Permissions
- Introduction of significant changes to knowledge/site templates and formatting.
- e.g: introduction of new Custom CSS to templates
Changes in this category are applicable to Chat Platforms, which includes systems like Microsoft Teams, Slack, Facebook Workplace, Google Hangouts Chat, Ringcentral Glip, etc. Admins of these platforms should be aware that the following changes may affect the bot, and provide the Moveworks team sufficient notice before performing these changes:
- Migration or Upgrade of chat system
- e.g: Migration from Slack Business to Slack Grid
- Deleting, Modifying, or Reinstalling the bot application
- This includes any external use of the Bot values (Eg: use of Bot ID in a different App)
- Chat App Policy changes:
- e.g: Who can view the bot, chat retention
- Changing ownership of the bot application
- Termination of the Bot App Owner's account
To notify the Moveworks team of significant changes, please email [email protected] with details about the change, and when it is occurring. Also, flag the change to your Moveworks Customer Success team so they can assess if immediate support is required to prevent an outage.
Updated 21 days ago