In a Jira environment, Moveworks needs to know users’ contact information so that it can operate on their tickets and tickets related to them. To do this, Moveworks provides an Atlassian Connect app that you must connect to your Jira instance.
The Jira Identity App is used to ingest user information from Jira Cloud such as the user's Jira ID, email, and name.
This document shows you how to install our Atlassian Connect app and grant it the needed permission to retrieve user IDs.
As part of installing the Moveworks Jira Cloud Identity Application, you will be granting the following permissions to Moveworks for purposes of user identity ingestion:
'scopes': ['READ', 'ACCESS_EMAIL_ADDRESSES']
The diagram below shows a high level architecture of how the Jira Cloud Identity Application is leveraged to ingest users into Moveworks following Moveworks Ingestion schedule https://help.moveworks.com/docs/moveworks-ingestion-schedule for user ingestion.
To complete this procedure, you’ll need a Moveworks app URL, which will be made available by your Moveworks Customer Success team.
- Log into your Jira instance as administrator
- Click on the gear icon at the top right, and select Apps.
- In the left-hand sidebar, select Manage Apps.
- At the bottom of the page, select Settings.
- Click the Enable private listings checkbox, and then click Apply
- Refresh the page and then select Upload App
- On the Upload App screen, paste the URL of the application (provided by Moveworks) and then click Upload. Note: The URL will be in the following format:
- After you start the upload, you will see a progress bar. When the installation succeeds, you will see a message indicating a successful installation.
Updated 15 days ago