The Moveworks platform provides an extensible method to add Knowledge FAQs to the bot by allowing users to add FAQ style question and answer snippets that may not warrant a full knowledge base article. Moveworks Answers leverages Google Sheets to import these FAQs into the bot and provide them to users in chat.
Moveworks uses Google Sheets to quickly and easily add additional answers to your Moveworks bot. To start adding Knowledge FAQs to the bot, reach out to your Customer Success team and they will provide a link to a Google Sheet where you can enter in your FAQs. Our Customer Success team will then import the FAQs in this sheet into the bot, and start serving these Answers in chat.
If your organization uses GSuite products, you can access the Google Sheet as long as it is shared with your account. If your organization does not use GSuite products, your non-Google email can be shared as an editor to the sheet utilizing the "Collaborate as a visitor" feature detailed in Google’s documentation.
- Reach out to your Customer Success team about Moveworks FAQ, and they will send an invite to the FAQ sheet to your non-Google email.
- Once you receive the invite to Google Sheets, open the email and click on Open.
- You will then be prompted to verify your email. Click on Send.
- Once you receive the verification code, enter the code in the previous page.
- You will now have access to the FAQ sheet. Access is valid for seven days and can be reinstated with the original email.
Moveworks uses a form of formatting that is a subset of markdown, and can be rendered across various chat platforms. The information below outlines the supported formatting capabilities, which will work across all Moveworks supported chat platforms.
- Bold - Surround your text with asterisks
- e.g: this text will be bold
- Italics - Surround your text with underscores
- e.g: this will be in italics
- Hyperlinks - Use the following format for hyperlinks
- Bullet points - Use dot symbol (•) and a new line to denote bullet points:
- bullet point number 1
- bullet point number 2
- Images - Create a new column in the FAQ sheet with the following name: image_url. In that column, you can include public links to images, which the bot can then render in chat. Image types vary per platform, but generally Moveworks recommends PNG, JPEG, or GIF (animated Gifs are not supported in all chat platforms).
Using the domain column, add one of the following keys:
FAQs can support up to 500 characters (not including the title) or 5 lines (where a new line is defined as a new sentence that starts after you press enter/return).
Note: If you are looking to avoid having users click on 'see more', Moveworks recommends to craft your FAQ in a way where the answer is limited to 3 lines, which should keep you within the 500 character limit.
- Moveworks ingests and update FAQ from the sheets.
- We use an Airflow job every four hours to fetch the shared Google Sheet using Google’s provided API and index the data.
- Moveworks runs the ingestion workflow and stores the FAQ in the cache.
- We store the FAQ in an enterprise cache which has the data bucketed per customers and store this data in an encrypted format.
- Moveworks serves FAQ as an answer to the user.
Updated 4 months ago